PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Numbers, Did Besson Rip Off Jodorowsky And Has He Done It Again -or is that SDCC BS?

Now, you might think that CBO gets far more views than items on Google+ right?  Well, that's what I thought but after a posting the other day it was pointed out "Your Google+ views are higher than the CBO views!"

I checked.  that is correct. Google+ assures me that, if anything, the views shown on my profile might be lower than they should be for various reasons.  Like a few more numbers are going to make a difference and I am not joking when I say these are just a lot of jumble to me.

So what are the total number of views?

For CBO the current number of views -as you can all see at the top of the page- are:
2, 356, 234

The total number of views for Google+ are:
2, 979, 236

So, just over 6,000 more on Google+ -or that's what it looks like in my brain. Show me that many real people and I might be impressed (yeah, okay, I would be impressed).

On other matters. I never realised that movie director John Carpenter had sued Luc Besson (currently directing Valerian -filming just finished) over plagerism -and won. Nor that Besson basically threw a fit over it and got to pay out even more.

Check out Comicbookgirl19 if you don't know what this is all about -and profanity warning!!


See? There's even a link to that last post I wrote!

Synchronicity, baby.  Synchronicity.

But why raise this now? Well, after San Diego Comic Con 2016 a few rumours started that certain things seen (I've not seen any movie footage so do not ask me) were either "a swipe" or "an hommage" to another film.  Personally, I can't really see but considering there was a claim Besson's movie (the incredible) Fifth Element ripped off Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Incal I'm hoping it's just comic con BS.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment