PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 17 October 2022

Future Sorted

  After a lot of thinking I have come to a decision about my archives and books.

I arranged today (to make double sure) that when I croak my online store is deleted. Let's face it the books are not selling due to the current state of illiteracy so the only ones who would make money from any sales are the printer and the print on demand firm and the bank will only filch money for monthly charges. 

 Since my family has shown absolutely no interest in my work or books and constantly tell me I have wasted my whole life and money on "rubbish" like feck are they getting anything.

In fact when I previously stated that something needed to be sorted with my work (wildlife, UFOs etc and comics/publishing) after I croak it was made very clear that there is an incinerator in the back garden and that was no joke. It does take care of a lot, though.

In five decades I have been ripped off, my work used uncredited (by academics at that) and no one wanting to cooperate I see no reason why, like better researchers before me, I should allow the scumbag fakers to get a hold of my work and gain from it.

If I cannot make anything (even a basic living or to pay bills) from the books and research then no one else is and I am not having fighting over who gets my work. Mr Burner will take care of that and I will not be around to care.

Sorted.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to feel the same way. There are other artists in my family, one who is a doctor in Birmingham and she does Surrealist paintings in her spare time - which is far less at the moment, which is a great shame as it was a counterbalance to stress. Now there's even more stress! Her father cares a great deal about my welfare and work and has always liked it. The personal circumstances you are aware of, as I your own. The tremor makes me very angry. Now I am free with my time, it pisses me off no end. Even more since I know very well which part of the family it comes from!! Her genes couldn't be bothered to filter that one out! The person I had to care for and didn't give a damn or take my own ambitions seriously. You know, as I do, that you do that for family and for humanity's sake. Sacrificing your prime, your skill set or sanity wasn't part of the deal - as far as I remember.

    ReplyDelete