Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Cinebook: Scotland Episode 1



 Authors: LEO & Rodolphe; illustrated by Bertrand Marchal

Age: 15 years and up
Size: 18.4 x 25.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
£7.99 incl VAT

ISBN: 9781800441897

Please buy direct from the publisher so every penny goes back to them!

https://www.cinebook.co.uk/scotland-episode-p-4605.html?osCsid=u2eu9ao9vp2d3q73aogvq3h9s5

After her exhausting mission in Amazonia, Kathy Austin is off to Scotland on holiday. She intends to take possession of a house her great-aunt bequeathed her. Unfortunately, she finds the house ruined, burned down a few weeks earlier – and it also appears that the police find the circumstances of the old lady’s death a tad … strange.

 While the locals blame the ghosts and goblins that haunt the moors, Kathy soon discovers signs that point to a very different explanation: ‘crop circles’ of ... alien origin?!

I have to admit that I was not looking forward to this. Not sure why but you get a book and you read it, right (I pint this out to all those You Tube comic vloggers who show a neatly mylar bagged comic and then ask their viewers "Is this any good? What's the story like?" I keep shouting "open the ***** book and read it moron!"). Anyway, I sat down and read it.

I was pleasantly surprised.

The story was a lot more like the old movies whjere someone inherits a castle/mansion and the l;ocal village is all talking about odd things going on...and odd things do seem to be going on.  Being asked out to dinner by everyone including the village Bobby (police constable) is not that odd if you are young and attractive like Kathy but based on her previous adventures you do look at these things suspiciously!!

There is DEFINITELY a murder. If I remember the law correctly and things you must never do to people....yeah, that's murder (no spoilers!)

The scenes and art are as good as you would expect from Marchal and the colour work by Sebastien Bouet adds to the atmosphere and really layers the eye candy on.  The story? Oh, come on -it's Leo and Rodolphe what are you expecting?

After Africa and the Amazon wee little Scotland shows it can be jkust as mysterious as anywhere!

Highly Recommended


No comments:

Post a Comment