It is 00:30 hrs (come on you know the time) and I have just gotten up to page 53 of Comic Bits 4. I really should be drawing but...
Anyway, I needed a sample comic strip by a specific Golden-Silver Ages British artist. There is a mish -mash but not great quality. Then I found it. A full comic strip in good quality so I thought I'd pop over to the blog in question and see whether I could ask to use the blogger's scans. Only polite thing to do -though it is rare these days.
It was my blog. I have posted so much over three decades on British comics history that I tend to forget a lot! I looked at the strip and thought "I still have those scans" and I do. That I found them is a miracle in itself!
Tomorrow I hope to complete CB 4 and then comes the hesitancy of designing a cover. Oh boy.
Incidentally, I have already gathered some of the material for CB 5. Do it while you have the energy I say (the magazine you dirty minded....)
I forgot to say that other than long forgotten character discoveries...there is another British Bat-man type. Well there had to be hadn't there?

No comments:
Post a Comment