PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 13 October 2023

Fantastic Three and a Rock Man With A Deflated Balloon Head

 Okay. I've tried the current Fantastic Four series since, like the Avengers, I have followed them since the 1960s.There have been different artists with different styles on the book but they all had one thing in common...

They could ALL draw the Thing.


Imagine my shock when I saw Iban Coello's version. At first I thought it was a poor and rushed panel. Then I was horrified to see that in every drawing the Thing's head looked as though it was a bad cut and paste job.


You see it, right? If I thought the artwork was pen and pencil drawn I'd be thinking this was an artist unable to get it right every time so he drew the head once then copy and pasted it on top of the body every time. It is a gods awful squashed ball on the Thing's body and looks as though it is floating or maybe a balloon tethered to the body?

Look at this panel you can see the string holding down the deflating balloon head. I mean just wtf was the 'artist' thinking??? It's cartoony style but we've seen that before and overall not bad but this depiction of the Thing RUINS the comic. I even gave up reading it because this put me off.


C. B. Cebulski takes responsibility but I have no respect for him. Tom (I definitely 100% have no faith or respect for him) Brevoort...was probably out to lunch again.  Associate Editor  Annalise Bissa also has to take responsibility.  Assistant Editor Martin Bird has to take responsibility. How many editors does it take to screw up a comic and not say "Look: draw the Thing properly as his head IS connected to his body and reference sources are not that rare"?  It seems two plus the two sat on their oversized lunch asses.

If this continues I am dropping the FF for the first time ever.

EDITORS DO YOUR FECKING JOBS YOU LAZY BASTIDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment