PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 11 November 2011

Footnote To A Sad Story


Yesterday morning, Derek Wilson informed me that Mick Anglo had passed away.  I did a full internet check -no one had mentioned it (because it wasn’t known until I published the news). Last night, nine hours after CBO published the fact Bleeding Cool Comics website reported that it had “confirmed” Anglo’s death.  No source is quoted which is a normal practice in these cases.

Today, Comic Book Resources and Digitalspy comics have both carried the story -quoting CBO as the source.

This happens and I think it funny that this happens to a degree.

Anyway, when I sent the news out to all my Yahoo groups and groups I belong to, all professing to be fans and so on of Silver Age UK comics, I got one response.  Maybe it’s a little too early to expect feedback? 

Certainly as soon as it is known a US Golden Age/Silver Age creator has passed away the internet is full of tributes.

Anglo gave us great fun comics and the bvest we can do is give him a moments thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment