PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 13 November 2011

A Mick Anglo Tribute

Derek has been in touch regarding an obituary for Mick Anglo:
“An obituary has been written about Mick Anglo by a Marvelman friend of mine, Pádraig Ó Méalóid, and he has sent me the link to the Forbidden Planet site where he has placed it.
The link is”
 
 
It is a  good tribute though I do disagree with Padraig’s final summation of Anglo who DID influence many creators, kids and the UK industry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I was just wondering which of you added the piece that says, "It is a good tribute though I do disagree with Padraig’s final summation of Anglo who DID influence many creators, kids and the UK industry," as this is not clear. I'm not disputing it, I was just wondering whether it was Terry or Derek who said it.

    Pádraig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Sorry,I don't get told if there are comments so missed this. Definitely me added that bit because having talked to so many silver age creators/fans they all refer to Anglo and his comics/studio being a major influence.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete