PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 17 June 2019

We're Doomed I sez!

It's that time of the month when I post sales. Open policy. Find that anywhere else in the comics biz.

If you followed recent postings on the Black Tower Face Book page you'll know how ridiculous the lack of sales is considering the social media, various blog views and the fact that there are stupendous viewing figures from around the world, this is from the BTCB page:

I have 12 blogs and I thought that I would check on stats before re-instating them to get "higher visibility" (I thought it was all about stealth these days).

I also checked views on DeviantArt (I don't think you can check views on Instagram?) Here are just the stats:

4,896
1,308
969
3,739,368
25,008
365,251
3,972
37,868
29,487
5,206
15,376
8,078
4,461

Which comes to total views of...

4, 241, 241

So I am not including Twitter, Pinterest and so on just blogs and DeviantArt and that alone is well over 4 million views.

The question, then, is this: if we have ,in the UK, a "strong and healthy comics industry" where are the sales? CBO is one of the most viewed UK blogs and despite all these views and book promotions and all the internet stuff I posted about yesterday, I have had one sale in 2019 and it is now June.


If you work it out tell me!

So, based on the above the lack of sales is odd.  However, I do know two writers involved in publishing and they have similar experiences and both share the same opinion  (one is retiring this year because of this): "People are not reading books any more. Grab what illiterate (incorrect) rubbish they can off the internet and that's it".

Interestingly, both of the above have Face Book pages and also find that they get a lot of views but visitors there find it mentally impossible to click "Like"

When society is full of people who do not read or support art...we are doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment