PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 17 January 2020

Avengers #90 is Avengers nr. 99 and also Avengers No. 143!

Anyone here not know I am an Avengers (Marvel Comics not Steed and Mrs Peel in this case) fan? I can watch the movies without worrying about continuity because I view them as another timeline team.

With the animated series (the BEST) Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (AEMH) there were a lot of storylines adapted from the comics. Anyone ever read Emperor Doom featuring the West Coast and East Coast Avengers?  Simon "Wonderman" Williams is placed in an immersion tank for tests to be carried out. When he awakens no one is there to greet him and the team is then after him because Doom is now ruler of the world and controls everyone by using the power of The Purple Man.  In AEMH "Emperor Stark" The Vision awakens after a month of repairs to find that Tony Stark and his fellow Avengers have taken over the world. With the whole planet turned against him, the Vision must get to the bottom of Stark's "utopia" - only to discover an unlikely figure to be the true power behind the Avengers' throne.  Yep, this is Emperor Doom with a twist.

Where was I?

Oh, right. When I was in Germany in the 1970s I picked up a copy of Die Ruhmreichen Rächer  (The Glorious Avengers but I would have thought Die mächtigen Rächer would have been better) no.99 from Williams Verlag.  I loved the Williams editions (Ehapa and Condor published more magazine sized versions later) and wish I had more but over the years my collection has mostly gone.

Today I was sorting my UK Marvel weekly Avengers so I thought why not look at the different cover designs (because I was that bored)?

Here you go....


Cleaned up but below is Avengers volume 1 #90, July 1971

My much worn out Williams Verlag, 1978 nr 99!

 9th June 1976 Marvel UK....of course!


I always wanted to get more foreign language versions but the days of change jangling in my pocket are long over!

Which is YOUR favourite Avengers story? Let me know.

SUPPORT CBO BEFORE IT GOES

No comments:

Post a Comment