PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 11 January 2020

Marvel UK Avengers Weekly

I was asked the other day if I ever completed my run of 1970s Marvel UK Avengers weekly? Now if you read my Avengers mega post and the follow ups you will know that I have been a fan of The Avengers since I was a youngster and read Terrific weekly or the occasional Marvel comic that turned up in newsagents (mid 1960s).

My collection has been torn, had various drinks spilt on some and even had thefts so I built up the collection starting in the 1990s with the few originals I had left.

There were 147 of the weeklies until the Avengers moved to a new title and my OCD means I HAVE to complete it...but at the cheapest possible cost!

Just looked and I need.....22 issues.


Then I can obsess over something else (aint post traumatic stress fun?)

And, yes, I do have all 4 UK hard back annuals, the UK Treasury edition and the A5-ish #1 Avengers monthly....and other Avengers stuff.  My whole action figure collection evolved around The Avengers (the full scale 3.75 inch version is WELL beyond my budget...I write "budget" as a joke)

Posts/videos about my collections were going to feature on CBO but...


No comments:

Post a Comment