PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 17 January 2020

Avengers Indian Edition from Gotham Comics

I realised that I had an Avengers comic published in 2003 by Gotham Comics in India. Gotham made the mistake of joining up with Richard Branson to create Virgin Comics in India. At the time I pointed out online and in forums that this would be a disaster -Branson after all ditched co-publishing Viz comic with John Brown Publishing as soon as he made his money then ran (as anyone who has followed his career from Virgin Music onward this is a pattern in his behaviour)

The comics were A5 -US digest size and I think my copy (along with Marvel Comics Presents) came from Indian collector supreme Vineeth Abraham. My disappointment was that the comics were not in Hindi or other dialect but English.  Still, a very nice comic to be in my collection.

I have looked online but can only find small bits opf info on Gotham and not much in the way of images.  So, as I have only the crappy old camera to work with you'll have to take the images as they are!



No comments:

Post a Comment