PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 7 November 2020

Maybe Tales of Terror Will Return......

 I was asked why I stopped the once a year Tales of Terror title.  Well, it used to appear in October but the truth of the matter is that I didn't have time to draw loads of horror or ghost stories.

I did start on some Chinee ghost strip but....

Thing is if you cannot pay contributors and two copies of the book with their work in is not acceptable....you're stuck. I have a lot of material that could go into bumper "annuals" but reprinting material isn't that exciting. 

Maybe one day Devilina will be back to introduce horror tales. Who knows!



But remember there are six isue of illustrated text stories in A Little Midnight Horror!

4 comments:

  1. lets make one. how many pages do you need? it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that unless it's under 48 pages it has to go out as paperback bound instead of stapled. I prefer the bigger format books such as BTSH, however, no one eems interested in contributing. I could mix old and new together based on the idea that horror and ghost story fans would probably go for that than a book with one pooky story. At the moment I want to finish off what I have including the SGG 1980s story -you've seen that? I'll post an image later. I need to sort out BTSH 8 then the covers for Green Skies and then finish...well, watch these pages!

      Delete
  2. thau's a question... what size bomk suits? I'm working according to my best guess. How many pages is best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baically, no book size is a problem. I think if you are going to do a series as a quarterly or bi-monthly you need to make it worth punter spending their money! So an horror/ghost anthology I'd prefer 80pp. But whatever number of pages submitted will be used and all that I hyave to remember is that anything up to 48pp is stapled. Over 48pp has to be a paperback and perfect bound (I am NOT doing spiral bind -YEEE-UGH!). The Ultimate Game will be well below 48pp -I think 32pp so I do wonder whether the comic book size offered might work as a try out at least but reizing pages i a pain in the ass. We'll see how it goes as over Christmas I have some wildlife papers to work on. Busy busy busy....when low energy allows it!

    ReplyDelete