Authors: By Christophe Cazenove, illustrated by Jean Bastide
Age: 8 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
£8.99 incl VAT
ISBN: 9781800441866
Cinebook order page https://www.cinebook.co.uk/billy-buddy-walks-wild-side-p-4600.html?osCsid=dludftu0igoqhq2vm3lln4ech5
Anyone who knows dogs knows this: walkies is a sacred moment. It’s communion with the master, exploration of the environment, exercise, socialising … There isn’t a pooch in the world who doesn’t go nuts at the sound of that leash being readied. But when the doggy in question is as cunning and mischievous as Buddy, the whole thing can turn into a complicated process for the master – if he’s even allowed to come along, that is!
April 2024 was the last Billy and Buddy I saw. Yep. vol. 9 and I have to admit over two years later it is hard to get enthusiastic. The art is nice and clean, colourful and at times can bring a smile to the face. Dog bath time...yep. Wash 'em down and watch as they find the nearest dirt patch to roll in. It's fun and the gags and story is noty over complicated but I know from past comments that this is a book "for children of all ages"!
And why not? We are in a (expletive word) grim world and if a comic or comic album can get you away from that for a few minutes then go for it. Adults didn't stop reading comics because they grew up but because they were told they were adults and comics were for children.
I often think that I should have changed my art style and stayed in Europe.Oh, the lovely colour work is done by Luc Perdriset and Jean Bastide. Buy it for the kids...or yourself!

No comments:
Post a Comment