PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 7 May 2015

Wait! It Was BADLY Explained. Lulu.com IS Safe To Order From. The Final Word.

Right, I've done a little checking today (hey, my Face Book was down!) and it seems the warning about insecure site if you think of ordering from lulu.com is a typical clash of systems.  Basically, if it isn't run on or powered by Google or you use another browser it is classed as "insecure".

I have checked, checked and triple checked and a couple IT people told me the same thing.

Basically, the person from lulu.com support just did not get it right -or, at best, explained it in a garbled way that made it seem the company KNEW it was insecure.

IT IS NOT

And I've just received this email from the company:

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your email. I hope you're doing well.
My name is Vincent and I'm the Supervisor here with Lulu Support and Thommie asked me to get in touch with you regarding this issue.

I understand your concern about the perceived lack of security on this payment page. I can confirm your information is secure on our website. We are currently investigating why your browser is giving you this warning. I understood from our IT department the page is secure but for some reason Chrome is giving up a warning to some users it's unsecure, when it is 100% secure.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Vincent VH
Lulu Press, Inc

So, it IS safe to order via the online stores it's just that Google does not like other systems -it is why views from Google+ never show up on Blogger stats.

Go buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment