PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 2 March 2018

"I Created comics between performing heart surgery"

I just read an interview with one of the "God Fathers of British comics" -there appear to be several of them. I sat there and read.  I then double-checked what I had read.

Wow. There were never any comics worth anything before some of these "god fathers" arrived -and they do seem keen on using almost xenophobic terminology when mentioning American comics.

This is the problem with these people -they can claim what they want and it's a case of either prove it (which they really can't because of how corrupt British comics were) or shrug like everyone else and say "You haven't worked in comics for almost 40 years, mate -no one cares what you think".

I am waiting for one to claim that he performed the first heart transplant while creating innovative comics in his head.

In one of these "god fathers'" histories I note he don't mention trying to pick-up comic creators wives or how he left an event very quickly when one husband was after him.

I have a very hefty book full of these stories and one day it might be fun to publish and reveal behind the scenes truth.

And at my age I don't give a crap any more.  Yes, I did hold a Marvel UK editor out of a window in the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment