PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 28 December 2019

get in touch!



Now I am going to post a link to the post in question so that you can all read it for yourselves:
https://hoopercomicart.blogspot.com/2019/12/everyone-knows-i-am-working-on-marvel.html

You might  wonder why I have to refer to this matter again? On Christmas Eve I received a Face Book message from a US comics blogger who asked "for the 411 on the Image Comics project". He wrote "411" a couple of times and I had no idea what the hell he was talking about. While I was waiting his next message I looked up "411" apparently, don't quote me, that is the phone number in the United States for "Information"?  I have no idea.

Anyway, the blogger was quite rude "insisting" rather than asking about the project. I sent him the link to the above post and he got "irritated" and insisting that I was holding out for bigger publicity and I was lying -"is it because of an NDA?" -NDA -Non Disclosure Agreement). It took a while but despite wanting to just block him I pointed out that the books in question did exist but were published by me under Black Tower Comics and I would be more than willing to answer any questions on them.

He never replied so I never heard which You Tube comic person had "broken the news".

I can assure you that neither I, nor Ben Dilworth, have been signed up by Image Comics or Dark Horse to redraw and publish Return of the Gods and Cross-Earths Caper and the Green Skies for them.

A couple of other You Tubers contacted me.  "It'll bee(sic) good publicity for you!" I was told.

People need to learn to read.

Oh, yes, someone did think my remark that I was working on a Marvel Comics project was the real deal. If I made it any more obvious a joke...

What is annoying is that these persons claim to have checked out all the posts to do with those books and were very -VERY- interested. When I convinced them that Image and Dark Horse was not involved but that I would willingly answer questions on the books...nothing. Interest was gone.

Why? Image comics or Dark Horse -very interested. A struggling publisher producing those books -no interest at all.  I think this shows why so many Independent publishers have vanished because the fake "geek/nerd" culture only recognises big publishers as 'independents'.

Anyway, I can find no new mentions of the books online and the first blogger appears to have deleted his news "exclusive" story 😆😆

Any serious interest in interviews to publicise MY books...get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment