PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 12 September 2021

"Did You Enjoy It Then?"

 


Started to do some other work and an email pops up. It was from a long time comic collector in the U.S. who purchased the final part of the Green Skies Trilogy and tends to be hyper-critical. I thought I might as well get the "bad stuff" out of the way first so I checked the email. Usual pleasantries followed by "Why the **** did you have to self publish this? Don't you have any comic companies over there? Have you tried Image?"

My response was "Did you enjoy it then?" Here is some of what he wrote:

"First out I kinda thought is this meant to be some kind of surreal indiecomic thing? Then I got to the bit with the wizard (he means "Druid" -THS) and I thought okay. Then I got dragged in. S*** each chapter  pulled me in more and before I knew it I was readin thru the next book and  the twists and turns had me. I thought, okay that means "this" is gonna happen...but goddammit all it wenrt in a totally new direction and by the third part I ended up eating a cold meal because I was not gonna put the book down. This is ******* incredible."

I guess he enjoyed it?

Then he asked "Is there another epic planned -I'm in!"

No. No. No. The years its taking to get something published I'll need a couple good psychics to finish off for me! Nothing as big as the Invasion Earth Trilogy again. My eyes and hands are definitely beyond that kind of epic story with all the plot twists which, incidentally even I had no idea were coming until I drew them as I never use a script. So thank you, Stevie but no more epics of this kind.

I would also like to thank the European reviewers, Claus, Bert and Simmi for their kind comments and as for the suggestions of having a European company translate the books to make them more sellable...no one has been interested so far.

Now back to the other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment