PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 5 April 2024

Room Oblivion Tidied -Photos To Follow!



 Room Oblivion has been gutted. Boxes opened and moved around and so I know what is in each box I have a A5 cover illo from the company so Marvel books have Marvel comics images pasted to the front, DC ditto, Archie ditto and oh my lords do I have a metric ton of Independent comics as well as UK comics.

I will post photos when done.

One thing I noticed is that I have the DEC Blue Beetle series and #1 which an Ebay seller from the USA calls "Rare and scarce" and asking price? $279 + $97 postage., That postage cost is what we in the UK call taking the piss.

Five of my books, if I go by what they are selling fore on Ebay are worth, in total, around £2000($2000+). I have been collecting since the 1960s so I obviously have rare and even obscure Independent comics that I have never found listed anywhere -no idea of the value as I do not look at them with £/$ in my eyes but my Alan Class b&w UK reprints in total have been valued by someone as worth £3000 ($3000+) BUT no one wants to buy them at that price.

I also have two huge boxes full of the Archie Digest Comics and Archie Comics from when I promoted the company in the early 2000s (when Archie became temporarily "hip" I got dumped like a hot coal but let's not get into comic companies run by nasty people.

Nancy Silberkleit was nice, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment