PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 24 April 2019

It's All Analytics, Baby updated

The numbers chase  means nothing to me. I've just shut down some of my blogs that had views in the hundreds of thousands -apparently to the shock of others! :-)  Why put hours of work into blogs that achieve nothing?

When I began concentrating on the Black Tower Comics and Books blog a week ago the view were at 40,000 plus. Today views stand at 44,144 so 4,000 plus in one week ain't bad. The audience appears to be world wide and no real difference.

Creating content is problematical for the Black Tower blog since constantly posting art pages and strips doesn't achieve much (for me as a publisher) since, as with CBO, no one comments or asks questions. With CBO there are a lot of people who are very into action figures and toys -as proven by the views on those items. Every time there is a toy fair and I post videos from people (PLEASE consider giving them a Like because they are providing you with entertainment!). This weekend New York Toy Fair promises a lot of content and as new videos upload I will post them.

Apart from Cinebook the 9th Art,Titan Books and other big publishers few Indie or small pressers send their books in for review now. There has been a lot of talk that the number of UK small press events has dwindled which seems to be true -even the number of people self publishing as a hobby has dwindled -again, that seems true but these hobbyists tend to be little cliques rather than actively reaching out to others so there is no way of definitely telling.  Certainly only a few people have visited the Zine Zone blog (5,115 since 2016) which was designed to solely promote the small press.

Oh, views on the Black Tower Face Book page have also risen.

The number of views as well as the ages and people visiting is probably down to not aiming the blogs at anyone specifically.  No focus group. Just people who are interested in comics, movies, action figures and so on. I was surprised to see that the Steve The Horse post had over 600 views and yet I thought there would only be low interest. Get me.

So let's see how this all goes as despite the increase in views the stats are pretty constant.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The last time I used Google Analytics, which were far more accurate  than Blogger's own stats I discovered that the number of all time views were far in excess of what I thought.

I thought I'd check again but it seems the recent Google purge of everything useful means that I can only get basic data.  What I have found out, however, is the following regarding CBO viewers:

45.8%   are female
54.15% are male

Ages of viewers:

27.50  18-24 years old
37.50  33-50 years old
15.50  35-44 years old
12.50  45-54 years old
5.50    65 plus years old

I can also see that CBO does indeed have a real world-wide audience.  With Blogger I can see that the stats for this month are:

United States
6104
Russia
966
United Kingdom
963
France
829
Poland
778
Ukraine
712
Unknown Region
525
Germany
491
United Arab Emirates
200
Brazil
141

And for this week (its Wednesday in the UK)

United States  1541
Russia   406
United Kingdom  272
Ukraine   165
Unknown Region  123
Germany   119
United Arab Emirates  91
France   89
Brazil   40
Poland   36


I can't say I get impressed by figures and stats but there are some who are so there you go. Excluding Spiders and Crawlers and that kind of internet stuff the page total at the top of this page can be almost trebled...dyscalculia means that its just a jumble to me.

Not bad for -now what is it that blogger (no longer blogging) called CBO five years ago...oh, "a no name site".  

No comments:

Post a Comment