PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 5 October 2019

Oh Well. Go somewhere 'credible' like Newsarama then

One comment.  One.

"Why aren't you publishing more original content. This site sucks"

Well, Mr Blocked for good. I post links to new action figure videos, new TV/cinema trailers and videos as well as comic news that most readers of CBO -spread across the world- might miss. If I think it will interest readers then I'll post it.

CBO has been going 25(?) years now...probably before you were born.

I have made it clear that I cannot afford the time to sit down, type up long posts and then edit them with images any more. It takes hours -the Mega Posts each took a day AFTER I had gathered the material.

I do not get sponsorship.  I have tried to get CBO readers to support me via patreon, gofundme and there is even a contribution link to PayPal (to the right).  Nothing.  Not the slightest bit of interest even from those people who re-use my material as their own. My books are my only source of income and if I had to rely on that I would have starved and been homeless by now.

If you do not like an Independent comics blog that is not just a PR mouth fot DC and Marvel (you know the ones) then you can try Bleeding Cool (gods help you) or Newsarama.

I do what I can without financial support and there are still thousands of views so I'm guessing Mr Blocked might have been looking for free publicity or, having twice in his deleted comment mentioned Bleeding Cool....well, you imagine and make what you will of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment