PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 1 June 2020

Et dedi eum (that's yer actual Latin)

Social media has certainly taken a beating since the lockdown.  I thought it was just me but looking at Twitter etc I see others noting the same thing.

My views on Twitter over a 28 day period varied from 17.5 to 18.7k and today 2,707 which is the lowest it has ever been.

Face Book and Instagram are seeing the same thing. Apparently we have yto wait til people get back to work and start surfing the net again! 😌😏😥

And the surge of Independent comic buying that was predicted? Bo one in Indie comics seems to have noticed it yet. I worked for weeks on the BTC&B Comic Shop News blog....weeks of promoting books and I've not sold one book in months.

I thank those who have donated to keep CBO going but three small donations have been returned because, although I am VERY greatful, everyone else visiting the blog daily have completely ignored the appeal.  When the blog stops posting new material ai wonder how long it will take anyone to notice -the Mega posts are actually just being deleted along with larger posts.

I really dont worry about it because if thousands of people visiting the site dont why should I?

My comics and books will get published and be on the store front - some new ones coming up- and the comic shop news blog will get updated as will the Black Tower blog.

In the meantime I urge anyone REALLY intertested in Indie comics to check out publishers -quite a few are online.


No comments:

Post a Comment