PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 27 February 2024

Let The Facts Be Known!

 


Let me address something which often gets repeated by others, and might put me in a bad light. Back in the 1990s I used to go on business to London at least twice a month -Marvel UK, Fleetway, etc.. So I know all the BS being claimed by certain editors and their hangers on in the 2020s is just that: pure bull-shit. 

Anyway, I was chatting to someone who used to be on "the Board" at Fleetway and he told me about a certain incident that got back to them within 24 hours: "We had a huge laugh that you held that Marvel UK editor out of his office window!"  Allow me to explain the situation.

As someone popped into the office quickly then left was I holding the front of a certain editor's jumper? Yes, I was. Was that editor "partly" out of the window? Yes he was. Was that editor alive when I left the office? Yes he was. There. Everything clear?

Now another rumour that even got into a fanzine at the time; I threw a rather obnoxious and up his own arse zine publisher into the Thames. No. No I did not. Did someone hold me off from smashing up a very well known British writer who has done work for Marvel and DC after he stuck his obnoxious now bald head into a private conversation to lecture me about a joke? Oh yeah. That happened and that was after an initial first meeting at a UK convention where he was extremely rude to me and Ben Dilworth had to make sure he was sat between us.

Believe me I could be a real Alan Moore if I wanted to be but I tend to view these people as insignificant and move on.

Those are the facts and I left out Karen Berger for whom I had the utmost respect -especially with the crap she was hearing from UK creators!

No comments:

Post a Comment