PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 19 February 2024

"It's what I do"

 


"Mr Notgoingtobenamed": "Your super hero books are not solely super hero books. I was surprised that they mix genres up. Science Fiction, horror and super heroes"

Me: "It's what I do"

I like anything I do to mix stuff up. I love some of the old quirky comics -Indie or larger non DC/Marvel companies from the 1960s. "Oh, that's neat. I wasn't expecting that!" was music to my ears (if not money in the bank).

People have an idea that if anything involves "super heroes" (we called them adventurers" in old UK comics) it has to be a Marvel or DC style thing.  The UK landscape is not like that of the United States. And there are things in the UK that leave anyone from outside think they are either "quaint" or "weird".

Check out these two old posts and you'll see what I mean but, yes, there is a "Black Tower way!"#

https://hoopercomicart.blogspot.com/2022/04/what-makes-british-super-hero-story.html

https://hoopercomicart.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-obscure-british-super-heroes-mega.html

https://hoopercomicart.blogspot.com/2021/04/the-improbability-of-british-super-hero.html

No comments:

Post a Comment