PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 31 May 2014

A Line Drawn.....

There comes a time when you have to say "Enough is enough!"

Of course, there are people who totally ignore you when you say this because:

(1) They pay absolutely no attention to what I write on CBO so long as their books get publicised.

(2) 'Obviously' THEY are excepted "because"

(3) There is no reciprocal loyalty

Let me put this into context.  I have written, since the old WordPress CBO that unless a blog carries a reciprocal link to CBO (ie: CBO has a link to their site so they MUST put a link to CBO) their blog link is deleted.

Companies tell me: "Oh, we cannot possibly do that or we would have to list every other blog -even if they would not bother supporting us until we became cool!"  Now, Archie Comics is a prime example. I'm not going into it but long time CBOers know the history.  You push and promote a company and what it publishes -even beyond your blog and that company becomes "cool" and when you ask why you've heard nothing for months you are told "Yeah, no more books to review -printers won't send them out. Must have left you off the news list" then that is pure bull-shit.

Printers won't send out "complimentary books" (that the company pays for!) so the company will not?  That's just saying "Hey -you supported us now **** off!"

And 'forgetting' to send out news.....please.

So, why no link to CBO on their site? "We just couldn't possibly do that -we're a company we can't just list 'blogs'!"

Then you do reviews of company books or books from individuals. Your reviews are forgotten, put under some other blogs name (for which I took the full flak!) and so on and so forth. Now, you might think individuals would add a link to reviews of their books on their blogs?  Very few do.  Ask them to mention your latest book...."Mention YOUR book?? I can't, I don't know you well enough to do that!!" That's when I usually say "**** you!"

Face Book: people 'Friend' you.  Now, if I friend or accept a friend request I check out that persons FB page to find out about them and check any web site listed.  When, after being a 'friend' for 3-5 years someone writes: "Oh -do you write comics?" or "I had no idea you drew comics!" or the best one: "I have over a thousand friends on FB and I do not have the time to check out their postings!" (that is usually followed by an explanation that they block most incoming up-dates from 'friends').  They want to be your friend to promote their latest book and screw you!

The up-shot of this is that I have "unfriended" a large number of 'friends' and the purge continues.  I am also starting to delete ANY blog link that does not have a reciprocal link to CBO.  Some have already gone. 

I have seen so much two-faced 'friendship', seen so many lies and accusations (from people who have NEVER met me) that I have drawn the final line.  Whether you are a slimy little arse-licker in the Midlands or in the North of England: you are next to nothing to me. 

I am not the "comic village idiot" who you can just use when you like.

As for the arse-licker slimes -I'll be dealing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment