PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 12 May 2014

That Barred Expo, Casterman BD and Captain Marvel

Right, I need to address some queries so I'll get the easiest out of the way first.

I have nothing to do with the Bristol Comic Expo. I have not even (for reasons already given) publicised the event this year. And I cannot see me changing that stance because disrespect and rudeness are things I do not care for.  So, if the expo was "s****" or a "crappy little dive" I don't care -CONTACT THE ORGANISERS NOT ME.

Did you notice I was screaming that?

Next "Why no Casterman BD reviews?"  The problem with reviewing is that if a person or company decide they no longer want to send you books to review then that is up to them.  The Casterman books got the highest number of hits and -AND- I know for a fact that the reviews resulted in sales -as I've heard from some of the buyers.

Sad but nothing I can do. Last batch of review books arrived in January.

Also, if you read the post Chilling GhoulishTales Of Terror From A Budding Wannabe Publisher! I mentioned how I did a deal regarding certain books.  At the time I was only sent black and white photostats of the pages to the first issue of MF Enterprises Captain Marvel (I was supposed to "source" the rest). It's all here:
http://hoopercomicart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/chilling-ghoulishtales-of-terror-from.html

Well, I have now completed my run of the series -all four Captain Marvels and 1 and 2 of Captain Marvel Presents The Terrible 5.

Yes, I am happy.  Yes, I did shout out "SPLIT!" but nothing happened.  What?? Ahh, well, it is my intention to write a posting about these 1960s gems.  An article that will not be brief like any others on the subject you might find on the net. And, above all else, I will not be slating them as junk or rubbish or banal. I think the series and characters deserve better but there are so many snooty effete comic people out there who are a waste.

So, stand by....Captain Marvel is on his way!

No comments:

Post a Comment