PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Cinebook The 9th Art: Damocles 4 - Eros and Thanatos


Authors: Callède & Henriet
Age: 12 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
Publication: November 2016

ISBN: 9781849182805
Price: £6.99 inc. VAT

Walt is back among the living thanks to Ellie and a massive dose of the Damocles agency’s superdrug. Meanwhile, their client Ava Troy narrowly escapes an assassination attempt. But the man who threatened her is a lone wolf, so who is behind the previous attacks? Religious extremists? Or an even less savoury group? What secrets is Miss Troy hiding? And can Ellie keep her existential doubts in check much longer?
Me "Isn't 'Thanatos' a Marvel character?"  Prof: (big sigh)"Remember Sean Pertwee and Louise Lombard in that ITV series 'Bodyguards'? It's exactly the same. Not Marvel."
Well, I think I was being made fun of. But that cover is so cool. I am jumping in at volume 4 so I've no real idea on the background but it is nice art and the story grabbed me and made me realise that I need to buy some of these Cinebook titles. I made my own mind up on this one and, yeah, I would recommend it.
There are no preview pages and my scanner won't take these books without ripping the spine but you can check the art style here and some very nice covers in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment