PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 7 January 2019

Look What Everyone Missed Out On!

That title was me being sarcastic by the way.

If people on radio want to interview me from now on its "you pay me" -the BBC TV people know this since doing radio work and TV filming takes a lot of time -4 hours reduced to 3 minutes of air time. The BBC reneged on payments so they were blacklisted in 2008.

A fellow called Richie contacted me.  Apparently he had searched online and on You Tube and found only one person actively posting on British Golden Age comics...me.  Sadly, the video he referred to was from 2015 and I was NOT well but had promised to post something on UK GA comics, UK Tarzan comics and so on.


That video was supposed to have been the first of a series on UK and Golden Age comics.  At the time there was the promise of some financial backing that I won't go into because the business that was going to do the sponsoring had a sudden shift to another genre (I think it was music related but don't care)

One of the reasons for trying to get contributions to keep CBO going was that it would pay for more video related features on comics. But it takes time and money and I don't have the money!

Anyhow, Richie was talking about all the research he had done on me as others had suggested that he contact me.  So, he began recording our conversation (via phone) and in all it lasted 30 minutes by which time my ears hurt!  I was working on something else but...

The conversation ended when I was told that a producer wanted more on The Beano or Dandy and that they "might" archive the recording to use at "some time or other". Apparently, Richie had never heard of either Denis Gifford or Alan Clark (THE comic historians that so many today pinch from to make themselves 'experts') and I pointed him in the direction of online sources about the two comics he wanted.

Time wasting.

I have helped people doing a thesis on comics (20 at the last count between 2011-2017) as well as people writing books. Not one of these credited me as their source and that is a supposed "No-no" in thesis writing and anyone who is a serious writer quotes their source or acknowledges it NOT pretend that they researched and found all the sources I forwarded!

Still like the idea of GA Comics on You tube....British Golden Age Comics on You tube

No comments:

Post a Comment