PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Neither man was happy when I said "no"

Well my print on demand (POD) company still hasn't gotten back to me and this is what I(and others) get 4-5 times a day:


And that makes us all wonder what is going on.

I'm working up to 18-19 hours a day trying to promote my books. This does not help.

What also does not help is that since I first referred to all of this I have had two "comic book investors" (I am saying nothing) tell me how I am the last publisher of my kind in the UK then go one to appeal to my ego (which does not exist) and then say they would like to buy my books in batches of fives but (tears rolling down my eyes) being strapped for cash (great investors there) could I do them a discount?

No.

I have no say in what the basic cost of a book is -the POD company and printers usually get a much bigger cut of the money than I do. Also, again, no: the whole point is that books are only printed when they are ordered and shipped from the nearest printer to the buyer. What these two fellas were asking was for ME to order the books at the author's basic price and get them shipped to me before sending them on at a reduced cover price. So I pay postage twice.

Feck that

I did some checking and at least one of these "investors" charges very high prices for books on Ebay.  The concensus of opinion is that the books would be held on to until I retired and then sold as "rare" books.


Neither man was happy when I said "no" and I really do not care!




No comments:

Post a Comment