PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 21 July 2018

Those who keep visiting CBO.....


Someone said that a couple items posted recently were "a couple days old". Well, suck my grape I am 'truly' devastated.

Here is the thing that UK readers of the blog need to remember. If I relied on just UK views then CBO would be looking at 15-20 views a day. Simple as that.  Even the views from the US only total a couple hundred a day (with a few occasional exceptions).  Today the United States has not appeared in the views list -

Vietnam

France

Russia

United Kingdom

Germany

Ukraine

South Korea

Canada

United Arab Emirates


Now that is odd in itself but it could just be more internet problems. As I've noted before, CBO has a global readership and I've even discovered a couple new countries over the past year -well, okay, I never "discovered" them but you know what I mean. Africa, South, Central and North America/Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia -it goes on and on.

All these countries have differing time zones so what I publish now at 1200 hrs (BST) will be read "first thing in the morning" by someone at 2100 hrs (BST) and even 0100 hrs tomorrow. So to some of them what they read will be new and there is another factor -language.  Not everyone speaks English so the translator button is handy. And apart from the occasional slip, I try to keep CBO family friendly and viewable by people in countries where laws may forbid certain images.

Basically (this will have the "He's got a Jesus complex" fanatics wetting themselves) I cater for the world. I wrap it all up in a great big box with a ribbon and bow....behave, Terry!

Most people visiting CBO are not looking for the usual Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and IDW PR -there are hundreds of sites doing that. Here is an example: the Black Tower Comics blog has been getting a few hundred hits a day -yesterday well over 1000 views and I needed medical assistance as I got three sales.  No, honest I really did get three sales!  Don't believe me then :-P

But apart from that believe-it-or-not exclusive, I must be doing something right for CBO to attract readers from around the world.  I only expected to get a few regulars from the UK when I started out so looking at the views now I still can't get my head around it.

So I will keep on posting when I can and hope that the USA returns! 

And to those who keep visiting CBO -THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment