PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 12 December 2019

as you were everyone.

I mentioned before that I never used Adsense -I guessed that most people coming here did npt want to see adverts everywhere.

Also, Adsense (Google) twice robbed me of money I made.  First time via "technical problems with your account"  -for which they refused to give an explanation so I lost a couple hundred £ but next time I got:

The account associated with publisher ID ca-pub-19753----8002 has been disapproved

But WHY??

AdSense account disabled for invalid traffic

It has taken a few years (about 8) to find out what went on. The account was disabled after I noted on CBO that the blog was finally making money -I think £350 at the time.  It turns out that two particular ISP addressees were constantly clicking on Ads deliberately (you cannot do that by accident) which registered as "suspicious".

This was, apparently, a deliberate attempt by UK comic book 'nice guys' to get CBO shut down. It seems that copyright strikes CBO got were also part of this attempt -claiming that my reference to a couple thousand year old mythological characters was an infringement of copyright.  Blogger did not respond at the time but did remove the copyright strikes after a legal notice.

Luckily, as a veteran in comics I am used to not getting paid and to slimy little, bald-headed comic turds.

This is why support from blog readers has always been important.  Unfortunately, blog readers don't care.  What you do not see are the problems in running a blog...no. I won't explain as I'd have to think someone cared.

as you were everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment