PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 8 December 2019

Everyone knows I am working on a Marvel Comics series anyway

There used to be an expressions:

"Gossipy as old washerwomen"

Old washerwomen were never as gossipy as people in comics.  Particularly in British comics where these former comic 'stars' all know each other and if they do not know something they will make it up. I have a perfect example.

Someone told me that it was good that I was now going to get real paying work in the United States adding "about time!"  My response was "Are you on hallucinogenic drugs?"  Which in turn solicited the response "Oh, are you not supposed to let anyone know yet?"  The chat went on and I learnt that the person involved had read about the news on a UK comics forum and others had confirmed the news to him.

I do not visit any UK comic forums and neither do I support any.  They have proven to be the source of so much trolling, rumour mongering and worse. Moderators tending to be the friend (I ought to write 'friend' since most are always stabbing each other in the back) of a troll will never remove content and will usually block any member who is victimised and complains. My question, therefore, was "Where did you hear this first?"

It gets complicated. He had heard it rather casually from "Ben" a usually very well informed comics pod-caster from the US.  "Ben" had been talking to someone "in the comics biz" at a recent convention. He had been told about this "British guy" who was embarking on a "major project" with Image Comics.  Checking his "sources", Ben discovered that the real publisher involved might be Dark Horse -which seemed to be confirmed even if the very strong Image Comics rumour seemed to hold sway.

Are you still awake?  Anyway, "Ben" checked a few private forums and asked his main "sources" and they confirmed that the publisher was Image Comics. Apparently some "British comic pros" on the private forum gave a lot of details. And the muck spread from there.

You are REALLY waiting to find out what the story is....WAKE UP!  You are, aren't you?

Well, based on my pencil-work, Ben Dilworth is totally re-inking the pages of Return of the Gods and The Cross Earths Caper and then The Green Skies.  Image Comics are publishing Return as a maxi-series followed by Cross Earths and it is to be decided whether Green Skies will be a series or graphic novel.

Wow.

Wait....not one single word of that is true.  But why ask the actual person involved, right? I can tell you that Ben Dilworth (sadly) is not re-inking any one of the books.  Image Comics is not publishing anything from myself or Dilworth. 

Cross Earths is the second part of the Invasion Earth Trilogy and a "tiddler" at 108 pages. Return, the first part, is 331 pages in length while Green Skies is over 500 pages (before final edit). Some 939 pages which I really could not see a publisher like Image being interested in.

So, no, I have not broken into US comics.  I am not going to finally "making it".  There -that is straight from the Hooper's mouth.

Just how this all started I have no idea and, being honest, I really do not care. But if you ever hear anything about myself and my projects you can always fact-check either here or via Messenger on the Black Tower Face Book page -I am perfectly open!

Everyone knows I am working on a Marvel Comics series anyway :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment