PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 25 May 2020

I'm leaving it up to the blog visitors now

Having asked people for their opinion the concensus seems to be that I need to be very clear on things when it comes to CBO.

I slated CBO to become defunct (after decades) at the same time San Diego Comic Con was due to start. The problem is that I cannot afford the time to keep CBO going. I had hoped that suggesting people buy books -therefore getting something physical for their money- which would at least keep me going with CBO.

However, despite weeks of working on the BTC&B Shop News and promoting the books elsewhere -no one is buying.

Therefore, and there are many daily visitors to the blog, I am going to ask that, if you can spare it, you donate via the PayPalMe box to the right, Nothing huge just what you can.

I assume that people returning to the blog ans making their way through old and new posts get somethiong from their visits here.  Do you want to see CBO continue with lengthier new posts? The only way that is going to happen is by my getting the funding to do so.

My guess is that no one will bother, however, I'll give most things a go. If there are no donations by 25th June then I'll post that fact and closure will take place as planned.

I'm leaving it up to the blog visitors now.  Stay or Go?

Thank you for your time.

10 comments:

  1. I say "stay". Sorry I don't have money to commit right now but when the school reopens I'll be in better shape. On a happier note, I'm getting a few JOHNNY NEG's underway. So far, so fun! Take it easy, TTFN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOHNNY NEG's looking good, and I found the old Neg I made in 2013 ! I thought it had been thrown away. Guess I had a spare copy. Lucky! Anyway, talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEG is like 90 percent finished now, and looking pretty good. The GOBO 6 pager is all done. G'll try to wrap it up next week. Anyway, I hope you are OK. TTFN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get BTSH 2-4 could you PLEASE let me know if all pages are in order for 2 and 3? Thanks

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all live in something of a ridiculous, stressed out state at the moment and I am aware that heightened anxiety doesn't help with the cognitive ability to read due to a massive hike in cortisol levels. We can neither fight nor flight but just sit tight. If we can continue inculcating the attitude that we can get through, despite some of the incompetance, the incomplete messaging from those that should know better and the mis-messaging from the incompetant - a lot of the time both from the same source - then we can get through. Find out how to get those cortisol levels down, there are ways, including Google it! Get those internal language 'gears' working again, those tools essential for reasoning and reading, they will feed into each other, lifting us up and away from the perpetual failure and depression machine. And, above all, buy Terry's books or donate to CBO. I need coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a problem with the UK printer so as the copies I've had shipped to you are not printed in the UK if there is no ;problem then I know where the blame lies (pages muddled up and from no. 3 into no. 2...) so if yours are okay great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Package shipped 16/5 to ICN school address

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not arrived yet. Everything is delayed. I'll let you know when it arrives.You should get my package soon, too. PS art for NEG is done. Looks OK. Finish lettering next week. Take care .TTFN.

      Delete