PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 5 May 2020

What I do between editing books and comics might surprise you..toys oldiers and "other stuff"

Apart from editing and publishing comics (there's a link to the left) and updating the Black Tower blog what have I been up to?

Well, I finally patched up and painted three Ultra Men figures I got as a job lot a few years back. Very delicate plastic but paint and varnish has made them look better. They are about 8" tall and if anyone can tell me WHICH Ultra Men they are (there are a lot) please leave a comment.
 Above: original state
Below: all done up...sorry about the gorilla


Also, I finally painted over 100 1/32/54mm Airfix and Atlantic WW 2 Soviet infantry -adapting some damaged ones (using Milliput) for artillerymen.

Then came 120 same Scale Airfix, Atlantic and Britains WW2 Imperial Japanese troops. Milliput was handy again and so the (I think 3 platoons worth of troops) have artillery support.
 Guns have since been changed to ones more suitable


Painting up some 1/72 scale tanks and jeeps, converting some 3.75 inch action figures, painting 1/32 scale Afghanistan era Soviet troops (made by Mars), building terrain and buildings and now having used Milliput to repair and adapt some my next paint job is 130 1/32scale Airfix, Britains, Atlantic WW 2 German infantry.
 Weapons are 1/32 scale Tamiya but they'll do and I've made a mortar.  Also two figures have had home made panzerschreck's added to them for more fire power

Oh and adding to my Medieval 1/32 figures -Timpo solids, Britains, Airfix, Hoefler, Technolog and some other Russian made types.

Yeah, I am also finishing the Monster In My Pocket (MIMP) 1980s figures -I have full sets of the Aliens, Super Scaries as well as Gen 1  and Gen 2 plus decoders and carry/display cases.
I have to stop building terrain as I have temples and buildings for most eras in stacking cases and add the 1/32 scale ones to the 1/72 scale Ihave 9 plastic storage cases and several cardboard boxes.

Eventually, I'll move on to the thousands of 1/72 scale figures -all periods and fantasy...

Who asked if I ever get a game in?  No time.

Keeps me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment