PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 18 November 2014

" it was one publisher (thrown in the Thames) and one editor was...."shown" the Thames but not thrown in.

This is an extract from an article that I was asked look over.  I can't say which magazine it is (for obvious reasons) but the editor would not include this unless I confirmed it -for legal reasons. "Deleted" refers to a person being interviewed.

"(deleted) refers to Terry Hooper (Scharf) who had a reputation for strong-arming editors and publishers who were not paying creators.  On one occasion (deleted) recalls: "I walked into Dave's office at Marvel UK and this big bearded guy was holding Dave out the window and all I did was walk back out when he barked 'He may be here to deal with you in a minute. Go!' So I went."

There is also reference to my throwing several publishers into the River Thames -I need to point out it was one publisher and one editor was...."shown" the Thames but not thrown in.

If you were conning people I represented as an agent or even me (yeah. Right) then you were a crook. I had a short fuse for crooks back then.

Please, if you are going to write things about me then contact me for the facts.

As soon as I get details of the magazine and when it's out I'll post a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment