PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 22 January 2018

D-Gruppe. Germany's First Super Heroes and my Interview Today....with someone




When you have a headache and have had a very bad -worse than usual- two weeks the last thing you need is someone on the telephone speaking to you in German.  I had no idea what was going on -Germans, please, like my mothers family, do not speak so fast!

Anyway the caller was Dietar or Dieter and was doing a feature on comics in Germany. I assume he is based in Germany but my head stopped me asking sensible questions.  Anyway, he was interested in how interest in super heroes had increased in Germany -I pointed him to the various CBO articles showing German US reprints of the past.  He then told me that he had a copy of the German TV, fantasy, movie and comic fanzine Watcher in which D-Gruppe had its first officially published story in 1986/87.

If Dietar/Dieter reads this I am sorry but email me!  Any how, he mentioned a certain creator and character and the claims of creating the first German super hero (he's American so you probably know who I mean) and that before him there were no German comic cons.  I was not going to comment on this in case it was a "let's start a creator argument in the newspaper" trap.  Been there. Done that. I pointed out that the man was fully aware of D-Gruppe and that I had sent him a summary of pre-2014 German comic cons and links.  He doesn't accept it -tough.

So, I was a bit snappy and asked what the point of the call was?  He told me that "several people in German comics" had told him about myself and D-Gruppe and that I had written a lot about German comics history.  This led him to find Watcher and he asked if I was aware that I had created the first true German super heroes and group?

WTF

Anyway, I took a deeeeeeeeep breath and we talked. He ended the conversation happy. I ended it with pain killers.

He has permission to use images from me and as I started writing this I realised that I never asked for whom or which publication he was writing.

I am now going to rest and if he reads this -email me the details please!

No comments:

Post a Comment