PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 14 January 2018

Die Ruhmreichen Rächer


It seems that I put a lot of German Die Ruhmreichen Rächer covers in a draft but forgot to include them in that mega Avengers post.

Rächer are  The Avengers.  You would have gotten that eventually -honest.



Looking through these I have a couple of Williams Verlag Rächer issues in not great condition and the Condor Verlag issue introducing Starfox.  To me those older reprints have a lot more sould than the modern Rächer books that just have nothing in them, no character -nothing that makes me want to grab a hold of one.

Yes, yes, yes -miscolouring galore but to understand why you need to know about the publishing scene at that time and the limits to what publishers like Williams had because these were cheap reprints because the whole idea was to make money.  That said.  Still love them.

So let's clear my computer of these covers shall I?






























































He says that one day they shall bow before him!






1 comment:

  1. Man, I read a lot of these, especially the Rächer Taschenbuch pocket books where they cut most of the text so they could use machine lettering. It´s why I buy so many ESSENTIALS and MARVEL MASTERWORKS and why I got the 2nd volume of the AVENGERS WEST COAST. So that I can finally read the entire story.

    ReplyDelete