PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 19 January 2018

The Top Mega Post of 2018 Revealed!

Something very interesting shown when I look at the top ten CBO posts -monthly and weekly.

Out of the mega posts the lowest views (and I have to currently go by the stats Blogger provides) are for the Justice League of America posting.  Seriously?  That seems weird to say the least unless either the movie desperately disappointed fans or the stats are really off?

The second most viewed Megan post was, not surprisingly, the Avengers!  Even the "smaller" (I use that word tongue-in-cheek) follow-up posts.

Now that ought to give you a clue as to which post has been at the top position views-wise since it was posted: the Sub-Mariner. But why?  Well, I am not complaining though it would have been nice to have some feed-back on the post, but there is no Sub-Mariner movie planned or in production so why such a big interest?

I think it could be down to comic readers not really knowing much about the character.  In recent years -before he was beheaded (feck you, Marvel)- he had potential but writers and Marvel appeared to have no idea just who he was or his own personal code of ethics.  I read his appearances, including in The Illuminati where, being honest, I never recognised most of the characters let alone Namor. And then there is the fact that the character has been used in so many confusing stories that I often had to sit back and ask whether this was some alternative character.



Many people reading the comics today do not go back....let's say (for my own sanity) fifty years or so with the character.  And even then I was reading reprints of the 1940s/1950s stories.  Also having a full run of the Silver-Bronze Ages series meant that a reader could see the covers (and some art) from #1 -#72.  Not to mention other appearances -it was quite detailed!

Most of the You Tube and online items I've watched and read are confusing and often contradict themselves.

Maybe I am right.  Maybe I am wrong.  Who knows because I certainly never hear from readers!

Seems as though there is a lot of interest in Subby still.

No comments:

Post a Comment