PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 25 May 2018

There Are Very Good Reasons WHY I Do Not Use it

I do not really want to explain this all again so pay attention.  I was asked again why I do not use adsense to make money from CBO.

Firstly, I have no say in what adverts Google/adsense put on my blog.  The last time I tried adsense I specified quite clearly that alcohol, tobacco and gambling were strictly no go on the blog as this is a general readership blog and in some countries those type of things can cause readers problems.

Ahem. Well, gambling ads appeared. I had made  fair amount from adsense then I got an email stating that one advert was from a company highlighted in news fraud stories. I clicked on the ad and checked. Yes, it was indeed very suspicious.  I contacted Google and explained all of this and also gave them links to the news stories.

An hour later CBO was banned from having an adsense account. I had breached the very unclear and undefined rules of Adsense.  You see, I had clicked an ad on my own blog -no matter for what reason- and BOOM! Blocked. The money I had earned? Gone. When I asked I was told I had forfeited the earnings through misappropriate use...I clicked an ad.  Even had I thought "Wow.  That is something I have been looking for" and clicked the ad and bought something -violation.

Just checked and a good few years later I am still blocked.

I am not going to agree to advertising on this blog that I have no say in.  It can be misleading and who gets the brunt of blame if someone clicks and advert and gets screwed over? Me.  Even though I have nothing to do with it. It is on MY blog.

That is why I do not use adsense -would not want to and am blocked any way.

Any future questions on this subject go into Spam.


No comments:

Post a Comment