PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 1 May 2015

Back to the Future: Secret Wars 2099

printSizeImage
"Back To The Future"...man, that would make a great movie title!

Now I thought the whole Marvel 2099 was not that well thought of? hmm.  How can you bring it back then and get people to buy copies?

No idea -wait!   A CROSS-OVER!!

Ahem.  From Marvel.com:

Not even the tomorrow of the Marvel Universe will be safe when Secret Wars hits.

When SPIDER-MAN 2099 gives way to SECRET WARS 2099 this May, the future we've known gets rocked as one of the Warzones! While some familiar faces remain, others get a drastic makeover.
Before the upheaval, we've catalogued what we know about 2099 and its most prominent players to date, in anticipation of their world behind turned inside out...

 

2 comments:

  1. I don´t remember much of the 2099 line. My brother read the X - MEN 2099 book ( good art by Ron Lim ) and I had the first year´s worth of RAVAGE 2099 mostly because of artist Paul Ryan but most other books were rather - meh.

    The only exception was SPIDER - MAN 2099, one of the few home runs of Peter David´s comics ouevre. Normally I am not that big a fan of Rick Leonardi but he set the tone for the style of the book. After a few issues you couldn´t imagine anyone else drawing it and even guest artists like Kelly Jones didn´t look half as good. And Miguel O´Hara was a latino Spider - Man long before Miles Morales ( and he didn´t live in an alternate universe ).

    As for Marvel´s new version of SECRET WARS the only books I´m going to check out are the ones by Alan Davis and Carlos Pacheco as they at least promise some good art. I´ll probably wait for the hardcover collection. Aside from that I´m reading the original SECRET WARS II Omnibus which I just wnet and bought. There are some nuggets in there that surprised me but hey, you only have one life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Marvel Age mag that promoted Marvel comics and they had the 2099 stuff in that. Nothing impressed me. Too many X-Men titles, too many Spider titles and now enough Avengers books to cover a small country. Ridiculous -it really is just money money money. I still can't get over DC saying the Crime Syndicate and Batman and Superman One Million were "the heroes of Crisis on Infinite Earths". I have Secret Wars 1 and 2 but not the big collected books! Spider Manliving in an alternate Universe....I am so glad I have no idea what you mean! Davis and Pacheco....still ain't buying the comics. MAYBE I'll get the trades but I'm not excited at all. It'll all be rebooted again.....

    ReplyDelete