PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 10 February 2019

Cinebook the 9th Art BLAKE & MORTIMER 25 - THE VALLEY OF THE IMMORTALS


Author: Yves Sente; illustrated by Peter Van Dongen and Teun Berserik
Based on the Characters of E.P. Jacobs
Age: 10 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 72 colour pages
Publication: December 2018
ISBN: 9781849184281
£8.99 inc. VAT
World War Three is over. Basam Damdu has been defeated. England can breathe and begin the rebuilding process … or so it thinks. In China, unfortunately, Mao’s Communists keep bowling over Chiang Kai-shek’s troops, and are threatening Hong Kong. And General Xi-Lee, a ruthless warlord, has dreams of becoming the new Qin Shi Huang – first Emperor of China. When a relic of that very emperor is discovered by an acquaintance of Mortimer, things take a turn for the worst …

The art and story is spot on and there are absolutely no complaints there.  I have been a B&M devotee since volume 1 and I would always recommend the series to anyone as it is a classic and one of Cinebook's best.  So why was I confused by what was going on?

I missed World War 3??

Did I??

Well, Blogger is useless at finding posts so my initial reaction was that Blogger either lost the post (not unheard of) or I never received volume 24 -The Testament of William S. It took about 45 minutes to find the review via Google and it is no wonder that I just sat there muttering "What? What? Who did--? WHAT??!!" You see, that review was posted on Wednesday, 8th March...2017. Almost two years ago. I checked and double checked and the date is right.  And you see the publication date for vol. 25 is December, 2018 -I received the books yesterday.

So without going back and re-reading (and I just do not have the time for that) volume 24 I can't be that fair here. It is a well written book and the art is great and in the style of Jacobs but I keep missing points. So, if you have a great memory -here you go.  Have time to re-read vol. 24 -here you go.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment