PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 24 November 2015

I Just Could Not Think Of A Title For This Post!

You know, I've often said -and written here on CBO- that I am fed up with people who "Friend" me on Face Book and who "read CBO twice a week if not each day" but then prove that they never do and it is so obvious but the lying and self interest is so ingrained it is like water off a duck's back.

Yesterday, I got a message on Linkedin -the awful Face Book copy that started out with good intentions. It was from one of my Face Books 'friends'.  He explained how "we are getting a graphic novel together" and how they were looking for crowd funding because this is how "we creators" -not me, obviously, but real comic creators with full time non-comic jobs- manage to get books out there.

Now, how many times have I said that I do not -DO NOT- promote kick-starters, jump-starters or anything else starters on CBO?  Those posts go on to Face Book as well as Linkedin, Twitter, Google+ and lots of other places.

So, if someone is checking out my newsfeed on FB every day they would know this.  They would know that I DO NOT use that FB page any more.  I sent a message out to my comic book FB friends a year ago about this.

No, like everyone else, he has my feed turned off.  Why?  Because he only wants to know and take advantage of me when HE has a project or book to sell.

Has this person EVER mentioned any of my books on his blog or web page? NO.  Has he ever, in fact, shown any support of myself or Black Tower Books or even commented on items about them or their future and CBOs?  No.

Has this person ever commented on his much liked CBO ?  Has he ever commented about CBOs future or when I have mentioned him or previous projects -even a quick "thanks!"?  NO.

Like 99.9% of comic book 'friends' on Face Book, he has no idea if I am still alive.  Or even a personal email.  No, he says "sorry to spam you"....he KNOWS he is spamming me.  So the message is now officially marked as spam coming from an account NOT compromised.  He's a spammer.

If he had even looked at CBO, Face Book, Linkedin, Google+ he would know the situation.

Like comic events creators and publishers have had it made clear repeatedly the CBO is a two way deal not a free press release service.  Other blogs may resort to this but not CBO.  Book hits my door mat it gets reviewed.  FIVE offers of review pdf last week.  No. You send a hard copy and PROVE that the book is real because I am not telling people how to pay for books and the books never get published.  this is so common and people end up paying for these books and don't get their money back.  In fact, a follow up from one of last week's pdf boys tells me they have put the project on "hiatus" -it was supposed to be released today!

Self interest and being two-faced might be what comes naturally to some but they should expect to get treated the way they treat others.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your felling a bit better after the last blog . I'm not a big fan of Facebook and "dropped out" of the thing years ago , too many strange folk on it let alone spammers. The more I read your blog the more upset I get at the comic community which Itohught was a fun one but seems to be (in part at any rate) full of "chancers"

    ReplyDelete