PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 11 March 2016

Ebay Crooks Prove My Point -It's Greed! Greed! Greed!


Now, I do not want to dwell too long on Ebay crooks but I think my point has been proven -by them!

I check each day looking for specific Tarzan Of The Apes numbers and I just bought 5 + three of the 60+pp Bumper Specials for £8.00.

Today, every -every- Tarzan of the Apes comic is selling for £9.90 -add P&p and around £12.00.  Why? I can only surmise that it is one seller with a lot of issues. People: these are NOT rare. The 1970s Burne Hogarth Tarzan of the Apes book published by Pan is selling for...£9.00-£9.90.  Yes, buy the book and you get most of the UK material or go buy the Titan Tarzan collections and....ditto. Gold Key/Western has its collectors but the UK versions, not really.

I'll put it simply: you buy at THESE prices then you need mental health care. It's a crooked deal.

£12.00 for reprint comics.  Arse-wipes.  That first Tarzan album from 1964 above cost me £6.00 with postage and the extra packaging I insisted on (not dumped in a plastic sandwich bag then into a brown, unprotected envelope).

No comments:

Post a Comment