PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 14 March 2016

We Had Joy, We Had Fun, We Had Seasons In The Sun...

Number of Blog post views for February total 30,250 which goes to further prove points I've been making.  Also shows WHY it's a good idea to promote your stuff on CBO.

Interesting that the sales I got from lulu.com in 2015 total $28.25 (so say around £12).  I got paperwork from them today pertaining to Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding.  Those lovely people at the Internal Revenue Service stopped $8.47 so the money I made was so low it can't be counted.

Seriously.

The printers used by lulu.com are based in the UK so I am being taxed for money lulu makes out of me using them as an intermediary.

See? Business dead in the water.

In brighter news my doctor tells me I'm "living on stress".  Wait....I'm (not) publishing and working in comics...of course there is stress!

Did I say that was the brighter news?

Hmm. Maybe I ought to post girly pin-up photos every day....?  Save working on the blog.

I'm just kicking back today and it's sunny but cold outside so why not? Also re-assessing everything.  I will be going to the new Bristol one day Expo (eventually, someone told me it was taking place) but not as a trader.  Nope. For the first time since 1984 I am going to an event as a punter.  A member of the public.

I'm avoiding all contact with comic people and as a private person attending an event certain comic trouble makers think they can "give me a rough time" PLEASE try because I will deal with you on the spot, no messing about. You have no reason to talk to me or approach me.

Yes, folks, that's UK comics for you. I'm going to fill a few gaps in my collection and feck you.

Now I need to sit back, listen to some music and up-date my comic catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment