PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 7 April 2016

Cinebook the 9th Art Lucky Luke 57- Legends of the West




Authors: Morris & Nordmann
Age: 8 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
Publication: February 2016
 Paperback
ISBN: 9781849182911
Price: £6.99 inc. VAT

If the Old West is so well known, it’s in no small part because some of its own legends made sure they were recognised in their own time – like Buffalo Bill Cody and his Wild West shows. When Colonel Cody asks Lucky Luke to join his show, though, the lonesome cowboy humbly refuses, before jokingly suggesting recruiting the Daltons instead – after all, their stupidity is quite legendary! A simple jest that will lead to many high jinks...

Yep, the 57th Lucky Luke comic album and who's complaining? I'm getting quite found of old Luke even if I started reading this series (well, from album 5 which was the first I got) as a Lucky Luke hater!

The vizual gags (look at the cover!), the jokes and the history blended in -such as Buffalo Bill's wild west Show- and the art have grown on me.  That's still hard for me to believe!

And one day I'll see an English language version of the Lucky Luke movie! I don't have a bucket so a bucket list seems problematical.  But this series is one for kids of every age.

2 comments:

  1. I ve never really been that fond of Western comics with the exception of the great Jonah Hex even although I used to love western films as a kid (not that keen on them in general now and the Jonah Hex film was only "so so") - I picked up a Lucky Luke album about 20 years ago but couldn't get into it (probably as I was still into super heroes then) but maybe time for another go now I have gotten super heros out of my system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, these addictions need to be fought! I've mellowed out (really?) so that I can appreciate all genres these days. Jonah Hex was a classic and the dark future Hex I have no idea WHY they did that (he finds himself stuffed and mounted???). Westerns -used to love them. Lone Ranger series as well, but I can't just sit down and watch them now. When I go completely senile I may try again.

    ReplyDelete