PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 18 November 2010

Kobra -I Had The Answer All along!!!

It seems that my idea that Kobra lasted much longer than Vulcan in the UK might explain the numbering.  Kobra out-lasted Vulcan though I’ve no definite info but have been told into the mid 50s-ish.
I checked emails from 2008 and found that I’d written:

“…Kobra outlasted Vulcan and so used up all the Vulcan material.  For this reason other Fleetway material was used to extend the life of what was a popular comic in Germany”

I amaze myself at times.

Mystery partially solved!


An Addenda To The Addenda!!
Yes,I had the answer all along. I was going to add the Kobra covers from CBO to my Britcomics group[ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/britcomics/-see blogroll] where I have a lot of foreign edition covers in albums.  I found a photo album titled Kobra so opened it and found I had all the Kobra covers plus the answers I needed!

Here we go.

Kobra volume 1 [1976] ran to 52 issues.
Kobra Volume 2 [1977] ran to 52 issues.
Kobra Volume 3 [1977/1978] ran to 53 issues
Note:that Tim Kelly No.30 cover is from vol.3!
Kobra Volume 4 [1978] ran to 16 issues
Kobra Pocket Book  [1978?]

So the German version of Vulcan ran for 173 issues excluding the pocket book.  Compared to 39 in the UK.  All the covers are,as I say,in the Britcomics photo album section.

I feel like a blancmange without a cherry on top.  My only excuse is that I have so much in my mind,on file and on my groups that I totally forgot the Kobra photo album.

So there you go.  The definitive guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment