PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 5 August 2012

Black Tower comics: Autopsia

AUTOPSIA
AUTOPSIA 2
Jemma Webster
A4
Black & white
16 pages
£3.00

http://www.lulu.com/shop/terry-hooper-scharf/autopsia/paperback/product-18954806.html

So, you might think that with all the European BD I’ve been getting a black and white Small Press item would not overly excite me?  Wrong.

That first page just hit my eyes. It’s not just good artwork but, if my feeble old eyes do not deceive me –stippling!  I think that the last time I saw stippling in a Small Press book was Shockwave back in the 1980s. Mastering stippling is very difficult so I am very impressed.

There is only one word balloon in this comic, right at the very end and it is a good “punch-line.”  The art really does carry the story along and there is some great surrealism going on here.  This is a really great comic and I would definitely like to see more –especially since few things ever make me just silently sit and look through the art in a comic more than three times.

You miss out –YOUR loss.



Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment