PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 30 December 2023

Movies: The Batman and The Flash. Both Awful?

 Okay I watched once, but NEVER again, the Marvel virtue signalling overload of The Eternals and Wakanda Forever. Both total and utter messes to cash in on the "We're relevant" agenda.

So I got Robert Pattinson's The Batman and The Flash. If you are going to tear movies to shreds in a review at least watch them and do not go by the sheep follower reviews online. 



The first thing that I thought "Oh gods, no" to was the Rorschach Diary beginning and voice over. I sat there and thought "Oh this is toilet material". Then the movie was over. What?? Yes, the actual acting and story pulled me in and it seemed as though the movie only lasted 10 minutes. 

The acting was all spot on and as not really a fan of Pattinson's he won me over. I could not fault anything or any of the actors. The music used as well as the credit and title text were also spot on.  

Would I watch it again?  

Yes -tomorrow night.

Thank gods for The Flash with its "bad special effects"/"bad editing" and "lame performances" Well, I had to have one movie to roast, right?  



Wrong. The opening is light hearted but still deadly serious (the baby wing of a hospital collapsing...oh..and a dog) and it was good to see Affleck as Batman and Gadot as Wonder  Woman again -and Aquaman's end credits scene!  

How the actual bleep are people seeing this as a "bad movie" or a "car crash movie"? Did they actually go and watch it or just type whatever came out of their asses? 

Michael Keaton's scenes were a treat and showed why he is always going to be THE movie Batman.  Considering all of the derogatory remarks and comments about Ezra Miller's performance he smashed it as both  the more serious and experienced Flash and as his counterpart Barry Allan. 

Flashpoint the animated movie had heroes all over the place and a more convoluted plotline and this movie keeps some of those -the re-creation of Barry's chemical/lightning accident for one. There were the light hearted moments and the very serious ones and Miller showed that he is a very good actor so those criticising his performance -you can go chew on my big fat hairy log. The end scenes with Christopher Reeves and Helen Slater, Nicholas Cage and George Reeves gave me goosebumps.

The Flash and The Batman smacked the awful Wakanda Forever and The Eternals down into the sewer where they belong. 

Would I watch The Flash again? Not yet. I want to wait a few weeks and then re-watch with a fresh eye but both the DC movies get a 10 out of 10 from me. 

Pity Gunn is going to screw it all up after the whole franchise was fecked by the new money-pincher.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see some positive reviews, Terry. I don't usually watch movies... but now I think I'll give them a look see... Cheers. And a Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year. Well, one good hope is worth a cartful of certainties.

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping you have a better 2024...and that the surface mail package turns up around May or June :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's all hope for a good one. I am going to listen to R Crumb and his Cheap Suit Serenaders. That's just what I'm in the mood for. There's one about a crock of gold.

      Delete