PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 14 October 2013

Britcomics and BCBA Yahoo Groups Gone

I have had a number of Yahoo groups since Yahoo first started their groups.

Britcomics and British Comic Book Archives had THOUSANDS of cover images, art pages, comic samples, comic book history files that took YEARS just so that there was a complete online history of British comics and its creators -I found many photos of creators who were unknown or had never been seen before.

Chinese ManhuaYahoo group which was a work of love started in 1997(?) also contained thousands of covers, page samples and creator information. It, too, is gone.

All my groups were screwed up by Yahoo trying to make them Face Book but everything was there and I eventually managed to make things look nice again.

From 0900 to 1800 hrs today I have tried and tried but my groups no longer exist. I'm waiting for Yahoos explanation but not holding my breath.

I could NEVER set all of this up again somewhere else simply because it did take WAY more than a decade for both.

With all the other crap going on this just was a low blow.

1 comment:

  1. That's a real shame - I got a load of stuff from it last year and went looking today for some other bits. It was great. I've got all of the stuff I downloaded stored, so if you set something up in future I'd be happy to upload them again.

    this is my site www.couchtripper.com -

    ReplyDelete