PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 9 November 2014

I'm On Statins -Does That Affect My Blogger stats?

I just sat down and wrote a long postings about Germans censoring the movie Casablanca so that there were no Nazis (no uniform scenes) just "gangsters and Die Hard in which Alan Rickman and his crew changed from German terrorists to Irish terrorists (really) and much more.

Then I scrapped it.  Why? It was just too heavy. I want people to come to CBO to read about comics and not my personal opinions on things outside of that.  There is too much darkness on the internet as it is.

Anyway, I saved the item as a Draft and started to look in to why CBO is struggling to get 2000 hits a day. Not bad but that is a considerable drop from 4-5000+ a day.

Problem solved.

Stats for individual posts show me how many people have followed a Face Book or other link to a post. These are just part of the daily view figures. So, 2000 a day.

Google+ figures are not included.

On Tuesday views of my Google+ page with links to all CBO postings stood at 882,040.  Today (Sunday) it stands at 888,068 -rising by over 6000 in five days.

As I've noted before, these are not included in Blogger stats and I am not sure how it works if I link my Blogger and Google+ accounts but I simply am not going to do that.  Google controls You Tube and many other internet services I use and they DO share and use the info on what you've been looking at.

Example. I looked at something stupid on Ebay -no, I'm not saying but it's something you would not get random ads for.  Face Book, my yahoo mail account and other sites suddenly had this item popping up in ads.   I've tried this four times over three months -same thing every time.

So, no, I am not "making everything Google" and besides which I've heard stories of blogs getting totally screwed up after linking to Google+ and I'm happy as I am.

What is happening view-wise is that people seem to be linking CBO to their Google+ feed.  They get all the news and Google+ gets all the stats and makes me offers for being a "top ranking Google blog" -offers I refuse.

But at least I know that views of CBO have not dropped and why I don't see the huge daily stats on blogger like I used to.

Now, if only Disney would offer me a huge sum for keeping quiet....or anything really.  They can afford it.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, that explains that then - I clicked the intriguing-sounding title in my blog feed this morning, only to be met with a blank post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. I never actually "published" it so I have no idea what's going on there. I WAS puzzled that someone had viewed it!! Computers!

    ReplyDelete