PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 1 January 2020

Comic Events, Boxes of Comics and Dreams!

As I did not get to sleep until about 05:00 hrs (No, I was not celebrating New Year just like I was not celebrating Christmas) I was looking at the possible uses of GIFs in posts -pages of art being used in this way. Perhaps even non review art.

It was then that reality kicked in. The GIFs used in that test post were actually created by Google when it used to show illoes from posts that had hit high viewing numbers on the old Google Plus-I think the Return of the Gods GIF was for 1 million views.  So those three -there is another Google made for a Stransky and Labbatt post- were made by Google so were saved online. GIFs I had made and not saved are lost, however, I discovered that this old laptop I use (I really am shocked that it is still semi functioning!) would not let me make GIFs.

Tried everything but it seems the system just will not allow it -rather like it not allowing me to open video editing programs.

It is something I'd like to try in the future but there are a LOT of "ifs" and "buts" there. My main priority is to try to make some money by selling books and to be honest the thought of another year of no sales is depressing,  Still, I have my health....oh.

There was the idea of selling books direct to people but in the UK only (postal charges for outside the UK are way too high) especially the comics not on the online store.  However, if people are not ordering from the online store with all its postal options and protection are they going to buy from me with straight forward 1st Class mail only?





Above: some of the BTC&B stock boxes

I have four boxes full of stock mostly ordered for the con International Book and Comic Fair and if you have never heard about that: http://hoopercomicart.blogspot.com/2018/07/comic-events-let-this-serve-as-warning.html  "con" meant "con".

Bristol no longer has comic events, just occasional small press events that no one tells me about and at which I was always told my books looked "too professional"!! Bath -same thing.  But you have to remember that these people use "Comic and Zine Fair" as a title but have absolutely no comic book exhibitors and most claim to not know what a comic is. :-/

If I go ahead with UK only selling of books it will get announced here, of course,

But it does look like a grim year ahead and possibility of getting over to Germany is fading into the distance quickly.

Depressed now? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment